Shabby Background

Monday, July 30, 2012

Parmesan Chicken Bake

I truly love this recipe!!  It is not at fattening as regular Parmesan Chicken because it is not fried, but you still get the crispy crunch with this dish that makes Parmesan Chicken so delish!

I just love creating dishes I found on Pinterest and adding my own twist!!  However, this recipe is pretty perfect to start.  AND SIMPLE!!  I don't know about ya'll, but time is an issue in my life.  I just don't have enough and the time that I do have, I don't want to spend slaving over a stove. 

Start with a glass baking dish.  Put the olive oil, garlic and red pepper in the bottom of the dish.  Spread it evenly around.  Place the chicken breasts on top of the oil, garlic and pepper.  Pour the marinara/tomato sauce over the chicken.  Sprinkle most of the cheese over the sauce.  Spread all of the croutons evenly over the cheese.  Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the croutons.  Place it uncovered into the oven at 350 degrees for 50 minutes.  Depending on your oven, you may have to cook for a full 60 minutes. 

Ingredients:
2 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
hot red pepper flakes, to taste
5 or 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 cups marinara/tomato sauce
1/4 cup chopped basil
8 oz mozzarella, shredded
4 oz Parmesan, grated
1 (5-oz) package garlic croutons

No comments:

Post a Comment